Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Still Couponing, Back to the Binder and no more Coupon Mom

Yes, I am still couponing! But I am back to using the binder, did I already tell you that? For a while I was dating and filing my inserts, than checking the couponmom website for sales & lists of the coupons to clip. However, after a few frustrating months of searching through my inserts and not finding the coupons that were listed, I gave up that system.

Suddenly most of the coupons listed were not in my insert! I believe my local inserts or those where the couponmom site comes from have changed and are just different now. I tried to find another site I liked, but none were as easy to use or gave me what I needed. Plus, I was wasting valuable coupons that I would have used had I known I had them!! So something had to change. I went back to the binder.

I collect my inserts, usually have about three or four of each one. I take one stack of the same date and type at a time and separate each page into it's own pile. Then clip, so that I am clipping all the same coupons at once. I put the clipped coupons into piles per category and once all the pages are clipped, I file them into my binder. I only clip the coupons I know I will use and some I would use if the sale was good enough. Saves me from clipping all coupons and having to clean so much from my binder later.

I know some extreme couponers are cringing that I throw away so many unused because they might get a deal and make money off them, but here in California we don't have double coupon days, there is almost never a chance to make a profit. Even if there were, it's so slim, it's not worth my valuable time.

Before each shopping trip, I look through my sale flyers to find who has the best sales for the items I need. I pull my coupons & put them into a wallet size organizer. If I'm going to Safeway I also click on coupons and deals on their just4u website. They have some great deals! I also still love taking advantage of RiteAid and CVS's rewards programs!

I don't look over the sale flyers every week. Only when I need something. I know I may miss a great sale, but I spend less if I just don't go after sales when I don't need to. I could probably save more money, but I am saving much more than I used to, so I'm very happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...