Friday, May 27, 2011

Extreme Couponing Show Doesn't Show...

I've watched the TLC show a few more times, trying to glean tips from it. I've realized that they only show people buying junk, like soda and candy or 100 boxes of pain reliever and 70 bottles of laundry soap! Even though the total is $1,000 worth of groceries and they get it down to like $10, they only bought three or four items, just lots of it! So they must still have to spend money like the rest of us to buy their regular groceries, like fruits, veggies, eggs, and milk. They just save on certain things they can stock up on. I don't have room in my house for much of a stock pile. Nor do I have time or gas money (or the desire) to drive around from dumpster to dumpster or steal people's recycling. I just can't imagine how they get 100 of the same coupon without doing that. And how can they be saving money with gas prices so high?!

Another point is we don't have recycling bins where I live that are at all easy to get into. They're the tall blue ones; I'd have to tip it over and I'm sure my neighbors would not appreciate it. Plus I have two young kids, where do I put them while I'm crawling into the trash? I'm just so curious! I'd like to see step by step what these extreme couponer's actually do!

I'm going to continue couponing, but I don't think I'll ever get to that extreme. I don't think I want to! It's worth paying a little more on groceries to save gas and spend time with my family doing better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...