Thursday, May 19, 2011

Preparing for my Rite Aid expedition:

I went online and printed the Rite Aid coupon policy. I made sure my Wellness+ card was linked to my Rite Aid account I had set up to get emails. I read a little about the Wellness+ program, you can get coupon rewards after accumulating so many points (who knew?). They have an allergy program, I signed up to get special discounts for allergy meds. And they also have Single Check Rebates; after signing up, if you buy certain marked items, then enter some simple info off your receipt online, you get checks mailed to you! Sounds good to me! I entered a receipt I happened to still have in purse from a few days ago, but it didn't have any eligible items. However, I noticed at the bottom of the receipt a note about taking a survey to get a coupon for $3 off $15 purchase. So I did it! Short survey & I printed my coupon!

I went through my coupons and had to read each one and the sale add to make sure they were the same brand, same size, etc. This took some time, especially since my coupons are all a big jumble! If I continue, I definitely need to find a system of organization that works for me.

My main question is how do people use their coupons before they expire?! So many I clipped, expire in a week or two. And how do you keep track of which ones are only for a specific store?

Anyway, I made a list of exactly the items I wanted, including name, brand, and size (or range of size I could get per coupon), and how many of each. I had 3 of the same coupons for some and only one for others. Most coupons are only good for one item. But you have to read the fine print. ugh.

I finally got all my coupons in order of my list, and was wondering what my total would look like before and after coupons. Some prices were listed in the sale flyer, but others just said buy one get one for 1/2 off, etc. So I'm wondering how people know what they will be spending?? I wasn't getting too much, and based on the prices I did have, I guesstimated around $25 or so. Hoping to at least cut that in half with my coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...